I finished one of the buns for Mini Riceball’s Princess Leia hat yesterday. I altered the pattern again. Rather than knitting the tube on straight needles in sheet and then sewing the seam; I cast on in the round and knit for about an inch or two before sewing up the bottom. After sewing up the bottom I added stuffing gradually as a knit. So that by the time I cast off I had the whole tube stuffed. I think it went a lot faster this way, I skipped the seam sewing and the stuffing happened as I went. I also like the look that I got out of it too an I didn’t have to worry about hiding a seam. Right now I’m waiting for more yarn to come in because the small ball I have left doesn’t look like it will be enough to complete another bun. I’m thinking of doing another hat but with the braid. I may make that one a Christmas gift hat. Still not sure.
Today since I’m waiting on yarn and for my another coupon so I get the next set of circular needles I need for hats, I worked on birthday crafts. I put together the birthday banners and cupcake toppers for the party.